This theme was chosen to celebrate our move to a VIRTUAL event combined with our love to dance. DANCEFEST was born in a class attended by dance teachers taking an additional qualification course 18 years ago. Teachers, passionate about dance, wanted an opportunity to share their students’ compositional work. This discussion led to the creation of this annual event where students from across the province are invited to come together and perform with like-minded individuals and celebrate the dance art form. Since DANCEFEST 2003, we have continued to grow each year creating a magical experience for both educators and dancers. Now, with the dedication and support of many people, this event is flourishing into new and exciting platforms that will be available to all dance students within the secondary educational system in Ontario.
The Board of OSSDANCEFEST added this non-competitive category of performance five years ago and it has become a favourite. This performance of original collaborative choreography will allow each school to showcase and celebrate a dance composition based on our chosen theme. There is NO entry fee to enter this category; however, there can only be one entry per school.
The entries in this “CREATIVE COLLABORATION” Category will receive appreciative feedback from Adjudicators. Special Awards of Recognition will be announced by Glenys Fuentes, from DRAMA SOUND, the sponsor of this wonderful and creative event.
1. Students will collaborate to create an ORIGINAL piece of choreography based on the theme.
2. There is no maximum length for each piece of choreography. Suggested maximum is 4:00 minutes.
3. Music for the choreography in this category must be chosen from DramaSound.com, a company that provides original Canadian instrumental music for Drama and Movement. Any song or medley/fusion of songs from the DramaSound collection of CD’s and MP3s that best suit your ORIGINAL piece of choreography may be used and accessed from their website www.DramaSound.com at NO charge. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your choices of music from the composer Gato Fuentes.
4. Rubrics for adjudication of Artistic Evaluation are provided.
5. Editing of videos, such as change in lighting or video effects are accepted in these entries
Specific questions concerning this category may be sent to email@example.com.