We want to thank all of our amazing sponsors for investing in our youth. Our work is only possible due to the generous support of our donors. Consider becoming one today.Become a Sponsor
My name is Laurel Brown and I am President of the not for profit organization, Ontario Secondary School DANCEFEST (OSSDF). On behalf of our Board of Directors, I am requesting your consideration to provide a donation and/or financial sponsorship to support our annual provincial dance celebration where students from across Ontario come to share their original choreography and performances and be empowered by the feedback provided by our adjudicators, workshop opportunities and networking with dance professionals.
OSSDF has been central to the evolution of Dance in Education in the Province of Ontario since 2003. Since that time, we have welcomed thousands of secondary school dancers, educators, community leaders and leading performing artists to stages across the province in an effort to provide a venue for students to celebrate and develop their passion and skill for the art of dancing. Furthermore, this event is significant to high school dancers who might not otherwise have the means to experience dance in such a vibrant and meaningful forum. Our relationship with post secondary performance programs supports the future planning of our secondary dance students and assists us to provide extensive professional and educational training for our participants. In addition, dance professionals and representatives from DANCE ONTARIO will be present to provide valuable information to students who are interested in pursuing a career in Dance whether in performance or in any other aspect of the art form. It is the goal of our OSSDF Board of Directors to provide accessibility for students of Dance in Education classes from schools within this province to attend Ontario Secondary School DANCEFEST, and provide:
1) “Artist in the Virtual Classroom” Awards to replace trophies usually presented as Awards at OSSDF. This plan will offer a more meaningful experience for participating schools and their dance students and also provide employment for professional dance artists. Chosen artists/dance companies will be hired by the OSSDF Board to provide enrichment dance training to the Awarded schools with superior performances;
2) Scholarship Opportunities for students who are unable to participate DANCEFEST due to financial restraints;
3) Release Time for Teachers is required to bring their students from all Quadmesters to observe the the virtual event between May 25th to 28th, 2021. Funds would cover supply coverage necessary for the teacher to accompany their students to a space within their school to observe the virtual event;
4) Scholarship Opportunities for developing dancers to explore the art form of dance virtually ie; studio providing online dance classes, schools providing access to dance and/or movement workshops.
5) Support for the Planning of Expansion to offer Regional mini-conferences in all areas of Ontario where students do not have access to enrichment opportunities in dance.
At this time, we are asking your consideration to support the goals of OSSDF and provide a financial donation or pledge a scholarship to give an elementary or secondary school dancer who shows promise and initiative and would not otherwise have the means to attend a private dance programs.
Grand Jetè $301+
To show our appreciation for your commitment of a donation, OSSDF will include your name and/or organization by your level of support on our website and on the Sponsorship Page of our OSSDF2021 Program. This will inform teachers, student dancers, artists and our greater community of the commitment you have so generously provided Dance In Education students in Ontario. If you select a monetary gift as opposed to a scholarship opportunity, you may specify if you prefer your support to be for “Artists in the Classroom” Awards; Ontario Secondary School DANCEFEST Scholarship Opportunities; and/or, for Release Time for Teachers.
In closing, we sincerely thank you for your consideration of our request to support Dance In Education outreach in Ontario and more specifically, Ontario Secondary School DANCEFEST. We hope that you will not hesitate to contact myself or any of our OSSDF Board members for further information. We look forward to following up with you to request your level of interest in supporting Dance In Education teachers, and especially, their students, who benefit greatly from attending this amazing and unique educational experience.